2011 has been the wildest of my life. Here’s the breakdown of the last year of my life:
- Moved in with 2 guys I didn’t know in Birmingham from Tuscaloosa
- Met my girlfriend’s family
- Changed my work with my client and signed exclusively
- Spent a week in Austin, TX while my girlfriend showed me around and interviewed for a job
- Took the girlfriend to Kansas in June where she met my family and I proposed to her and she accepted
- The next day she quit her job and accepted the job in Austin
- She and I planned our wedding in Colorado, settling on Aug. 28, which was less than 3 months from the proposal
- We moved to Austin at the beginning of August so that we could be ready to live together and so she could start her job after the honeymoon.
- A week before the wedding, we went to Colorado and life was a whirlwind of preparation.
- We got married on a mountaintop at Keystone, CO overlooking Dillon Lake.
- 2 days later, we were on our way to Langkawi, Malaysia, and we spent the next month touring Malaysia, Singapore, and the southern part of Thailand.
- After we returned at the end of Sept, my wife started her new job and we started looking for houses.
- Two days before Thanksgiving, we closed on our house after a rather stressful process (and the first either of us ever bought) and the next day moved in.
- 4 days ago, we celebrated our first Christmas together married!
If you’re wondering why I haven’t written much in a long time, there you go. In the meantime, I’ve gone to 3 churches steadily, changed cell phones, bought 3 new laptops (long story), got 2 HP Touchpads on fire sale, spent 4 months with my desktop in storage, tried to video my wedding with my Sony A55 (with disappointing results), and I STILL haven’t replaced my desktop monitors. 🙂